Monday, March 30, 2009

Honest Sticky Something or Other


I always feel a bit strange when someone mentions my blog on their blog, especially if it's one I really like and follow religiously, because in all actuality, I'm a teensy-weensy bit shy. Really I am! So I was really shocked when Dont at Blame the Healer nominated me for the Honest Scrap or Sticky Keyboard Award.

So what is it about?

  1. When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
  2. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
  3. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!

I nominate:

  • Pancakez and Omelettez at Breakfast at War -- I love reading everything this team writes. I even manage (most of the time) to make it through the mathematical walls of text and dancing dot posts.
  • Greg at Tome of Knowledge -- has a fun outlook on WAR and it seems, life in general. I love flipping his comics over to my overworked, underread (well, in terms of WAR blogs) hubby.
  • Ventris at Alt Much? -- along with GirlIRL was the first WAR blog I started reading, and the blogroll I used at first to start reading everyone else's blogs.
  • Lokax at Mmmm Gud -- is relatively new to the scene, but has interesting insights.
  • Meteorfall and Mike at Spank the Tank -- I really love the name -- and not specifically because I play a tank. I mean, I really don't want anyone to spank.... um. stop that!!
  • Miss Vindaloo at Cry me a RvR -- always nice to read about gaming from another woman's point of view, and I've been very much enjoying the posts by her little git!
  • Kipling at Bow and Stab -- though I haven't seen much recently from her, I love her point of view as a Shadow Warrior (as you can see from my pic I have one as well, but she's not my main anymore).
I had trouble finding people already not nominated in my everyday reading list. All of the others that I didn't mention, it's cause you've already won! :)

10 honest / silly facts about me:

  1. I've spent the last month and a bit perfecting my sourdough starter so that I can eventually make all of the bread products we eat in this house completely from scratch. (For no real reason other than I love sourdough, btw.)
  2. I also bake most of the snacks I put in the girls' lunches, so that they don't have to bring home wrappers of store-bought snacks. (They have a litterless lunch program.)
  3. My character Liena is named after my daughter's middle name.
  4. I keep up with my guild's doings and goings on daily, even though I haven't logged in my destro character in months.
  5. I plan to learn to surf this year. Real surfing, on really big waves, not websurfing. Yes, really.
  6. I read voraciously (which is why I'm always reading blogs) and one of my favourite genres is Young Adult fiction -- which is why I also follow my friend's Tweendom blog (over to the right there), 'cause she's always got goooood recommendations.
  7. I really should be doing laundry right now. The washer just beeped at me. Yep.
  8. Coke, never Pepsi (though I don't drink either very much, as I can't handle the caffeine).
  9. Hmmm, this is harder than I expected. I should let my kids do the rest. "Tell them how old you are!" (from my six year old) Um. No.
  10. "Mommy likes to crochet and knit." (from my 8 year old)

No comments:

Post a Comment